• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

What canopy do I have

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Attached is a pic of my Smith Mini with the canopy on. This plane sat abandoned in a hanger for 15 years before I got her. Now the canopy is detached from the plane. I have the outside rail that is attached to the canopy and I have the inner rail that is attached to the fuselage but am missing the middle roller part of the slide assembly. I am wondering if someone else has the same or similar canopy and might have a lead on where to look for a replacement slide. The over all height of the outer rail is 1 and 1/4" and I can find nothing that matches that height. I may have to replace the entire slide assembly but am hoping someone can give me a lead. I have seen this canopy on other bipes so I don't think it is a "one off" but I don't see it at Todd's or Steens. The trailing edge of the canopy has a bumped up part to clear the headrest. The log book shows when the canopy was mounted but no info on what it is.

L

024078.jpg

Latest posts

Back