• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Wheel pants (aka Spats!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you interested in purchasing carbon wheel pants for your Eagle

• Yes, right away

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, I’m happy with my current kit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but not for over a year

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hello fellow Christen Eagle people from the UK. I have been on an unsuccessful quest for new Carbon spats for my Eagle.

We have an amazing composite fabricator over here who can make them but the cost of making a single set is ridiculous. This set me thinking… how many would bring the cost down to a reasonable level?

What is the customer appetite for carbon spats out there and would you be prepared to put a deposit down? We can make either a direct replacement or a “wasp sting” form. Internally the design would have a debris-blocker to avoid the potential 8lbs of mud that can accumulate if you’re not on hard surfaces.

We are confident that we can make a significant weight saving and increase strength and resilience to damage.

I don’t think I can run a poll on here (oh… I can!!!) . Don’t post any personal details below. I can accumulate those if there is enough interest. I have no plan to collect cash until I’m at a critical number.

Thanks in advance for your input, advice and suggestions.

Latest posts

Back