• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Who knew, a racer does good acro!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acrobum

Reaction score
A month or so ago I was asked to fly a very special Pitts to Sun N Fun to be put on display, of course, you know my answer already. The company, that I had no prior affiliation with contacted me through a mutual friend. They are the new owners of one of the fastest Pitts around, Race 25 "Dragracer". It's a clipped wing S-1C. Yes, you read that right. A clipped wing Pitts. The top and bottom wing both came out to 14' 7" accompanied by a pumped up IO-360 built by Lycon that was said to be pushing 230hp. 176mph at 2400RPM at 9 gallons an hour and or it was running 227mph around Reno. As payment, I kept the airplane for a week and a half afterwards. Fair to me! 12 hours of flying later I enventually had to give her back..against my will. But! Not with out having some fun. I was hoping to fly atleast one contest with Dragracer to give the monoplane guys a run for there money. 250 +\- degrees/sec on the roll and a honest 1600ft vertical in a 4g 180mph pull at 6000ft.

https://youtu.be/0w7DloobQa8
Here's a video of me goofing off, went up for some acro and ended up flying a kinda sporty sequence. Fun ride. Let me know what you guys think!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back