• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Who's using what for Phone/Tablet GPS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My subscription to Foreflight is expiring and their 50% increase is making it less palatable. Matter of fact, I've cancelled.
Been shopping around for a replacement to my iPad/iPhone combo.
Yes I'm a cheap b@stard (being of Scotch descent), but with EVERYTHING costing more, savings is on the brain.
Looking for input on what's working and easy to use. I cut my teeth on Apollo, Lowrance and eventually Garmin handhelds.
The Garmin Pilot is cheaper than FF but still $100. The iFly GPS is $80 and appears to be a good package, and is currently where I'm leaning. Fltpln Go is a free? version of Garmin??
I've used the FF for 10yrs and never truly had a firm grasp on its abilities.
Any input from those that are not programmers and can explain with little words so I can follow along would be appreciated.
Thanks in Advance

Mark

Latest posts

Back