• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Will you write a pirep on your plane?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taildragger

Reaction score
As part of our 2016 chapter newsletters (IAC Chapter 34) we're hoping to have a series of pireps on lesser-known aerobatic capable and/or sport biplanes. The goal is one per month.

For any of you who have a unique or interesting plane, would you consider volunteering your time to write up something and send over a few pictures? It doesn't have to be long at all, and you don't have to be an aerobatic competition pilot either.

Here are the types I can name off the top of my head. Others welcome of course! It would be quite interesting to get a competition perspective on the Stearman.

- AcroSport
- Starduster / Acroduster
- Marquart MA-5 Charger
- Marquart MA-4
- Bücker Jungmann
- Knight Twister
- Mong Sport
- Tiger Moth
- Great Lakes
- Little Toot
- Smith Mini

More than one writeup on each type is cool particularly if they're different models (someone on here has a Ranger-powered SD I think?).

You can contact me via message here on the site or email from our contact page (chapter president).

Happy new year to everyone...

Latest posts

Back