• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Woodwork filler alternatives.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigblackmastiff

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey all.

I have my wing leading edges in place and I am almost ready to put the top lamination over my wingwalk areas. That will bring me to filling/sanding the seams and any low spots.

I've been watching a lot of guys use automotive filler and i haven't completely ruled that out but... i'm interested in using a compatable epoxy/micro slurry instead.

I used System Three T88 and clearcoat for the glue up. The exterior of the ply skins are bare wood for now. I was thinking of buying system three epoxy and mixing with microballoons i have already. System Three also sells several filling products, like silvertip quickfair, but i don't have experience using it.

I'm building in a big hangar, things are cooling down here in Ohio, and temperature may soon be a factor.

Please share what you've used and why.
Thanks.

Latest posts

Back