• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

WorkBench

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aerofan

Acrosport 2 Builder
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm about done with my workbenches. I budgeted 4 hours for this. So far, it has taken 4 full days. Learning how to use the tools has been a challenge. I've learned a lot about wood this week. My first attempt ended up with benches that were so flimsy and the craftsmanship was so awful that I went out and bought more wood. It's really hard to build a workbench without a workbench.

Here are some photos of my labors this week. I used a router to notch the frame. The upper and lower boxes are screwed and glued together but the legs are just screwed so I can disassemble it later and reassemble it in the garage. Since my basement is not level I drilled holes in the legs and put concrete anchors as feet. It was fun trying to drill down the center of a 2x4. I used a router to cut a hole for the bolt. The upper and lower boxes don't flex at all. I'm happy with it so far. Tomorrow I will level the frames and put the tops on. When all is said and done I should have 24' of workbenches in my basement.

Cheers,

David

RouterGuide.jpg

RouterJoint.jpg

CornerBraces.jpg

FirstBox.jpg

DrillLevelHoles.jpg

LevelHoles.jpg

Level.jpg

Finished.jpg

Latest posts

Back