• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

WTB: S1S or S1T in top condition (pref red/white classic paint scheme)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdm

Registered Users
Reaction score
hello:

i'm *still* looking for the one to buy, having started looking in May. i've been beaten to the punch on two gorgeous ones, dang it. i admit being picky - i'm looking for a good 1st IAC competitor (thu Intermediate) but i want an airplane that is visually stunning as well. i've always wanted a classic red/white starburst Pitts, so that's what i'm looking for now. for some, i know that low weight is what they're after, but i need one that is pleasing to the eye, inside and out. i really loved the S2C I flew at Tutima; from what i've seen, the S2's tend to have higher quality fit and finish than most home-built S1's, but I live in Van's Air Force country and having seen some gorgeous RVs *know* that home-built AC can often be higher quality fit/finish than cert AC. i'm trying to find one.

bonus points for 3-blade prop, SS ailerons, or other performance enhancements to increase climb, roll rate, etc.

ps - there's a pretty Ultimate 10-200 on Barnstormers that looks interesting, but a) I dunno enough about Ultimates to know whether to run to it or away from it, and b) it doesn't satisfy my lust for the classic Pitts red/white. that said, it's the same blue/white/red competition paint scheme as the Tutima S2's, which I also really like.

-- jdm

N4087H
Portland, OR

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back