• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Yeah, I'm kinda an idiot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssmdive

Reaction score
So here I am getting checked out in a J3.... I am on the down wind and because we are at a busy airport with 3 crossing runways, I go to make a radio call on the handheld mounted to my left near the window.

I push the side mounted push to talk on the side.... And the radio unclips from the mount and flies out the window. It is dangling there for a second as I reach for it, and then it falls away into the swamp 800 feet below.

Most expensive checkout I have ever had.

Latest posts

Back