• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

1943 N2S-3 Stearman Fam Flight!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AcroGimp

EAA 14, IAC 36
Reaction score
Finally something I can post legit on the Biplane Forum!!

I just completed a 1.3 hour fam flight in a 1943 N2S-3 Stearman open-cockpit biplane!

20140806_100051_zpse4nwkpqh.jpg

The ship was mine for taxi, takeoff, out to the area, contact flying and landing. An absolutely marvelous flight. First open-cockpit experience since I started flying 28 years ago, now over 400 hours and 39 different make/model aircraft. Simply amazing and everything I expected, the noise, the smells, the wind, and the in-your-face panoramic view - just indescribably cool. I have about 30 hrs TW with recent TW endorsement.

20140806_100715_zps0pd9jejp.jpg

The GoPro footage is processing and won't be up until tomorrow probably.

Giga-thanks to my friend and TW mentor Dave Derby at KSEE for this wonderful experience. Crossed one off the bucket list. I have wanted to fly a Stearman since I first saw one in a picture probably 35 years ago.

20140806_115911_zpsfjka7lq5.jpg

'Gimp

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back