• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

A great day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My super small size of 2 coffee cans sleeping bag will sit next to my seat and I sit side saddle as it is the only place it will fit. I unrolled it on the ground, crawled in and rolled under the wing. The moon was full or almost so and lit up all the airplans and the mountains in the distance at the Arlington flyin. Took a while to fall asleep but then I woke to the sun was backlighting the mountains. I fell back to sleep listening to the condensation dripping from the top wing and hitting the bottom wing. The next thing I knew someone was kicking me in the back of the head saying get up boy, it is time for breakfast. 6:30 and it was our beloved Dave Baxter. He was camped next to me with his tent, sleeping pad and a lacy pillow. The joys of a two holer. Breakfast at 6:30 is the choice of a soggie corndog or a poor grade egg mcmuffin. Dave is an extremely knowledgeable person and knows every nut on a starduster. He also knows a lot of people and airplane history. I hooked up with him at lunch and we took the bus into town. He knows the bus driver and the best resturant and I think the waitress. I think his underwear even has stars on it but you would have to ask him. The weather was almost too hot, the airshows great and watched the high road to china on the mini drive in. $10.00 , what a great deal. The only biplanes were the few at the IAC area, the antiques and Dave and I. Our own John Smutny deserves a lot of credit for being a major player in putting on a great flyin. Attached are photos of the three best aircraft there. The first is a Howard something or other. Took the best prize.

will

P7121285.jpg

P7121288.jpg

Latest posts

Back