• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Acrobatic Contests - Spectators

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChemGuy

Registered Users
Reaction score
How fun/boring/awesome is spectating at an aerobatic contest? For pilots and regular people?

I am looking at getting into flying acrobatics in the future and want to check out a contest up close.

At the end of the month there is one near me in Rome, GA (KRMG) that I will go check out. I am seeing if any non-flyers will come with and want to have an idea of what to expect. Things like parking, food, time between routines, down time, etc. What is a 'typical' day like at one of these?

Also even though its close to home, based at KRYY, I would fly over if its possible. I haven't checked NOTAMS yet but is flying in even possible? TFR? If its a big hassle I will just drive over, but that's not as fun...any excuse to fly, right.

Last Question - Anyone attending/competing and in need an extra set of hands? I find getting a look behind the scenes and helping out is usually the way to see what really goes on. Its how I learned and got into motorcycle racing 15 years ago. I'm no aircraft mechanic but I did race bikes for many years so I used to being 'in the pits'.

Thanks,
Dan
Piper Dakota

Latest posts

Back