• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Acroduster 2 (Bottom feeding part whatever)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Acroduster 2 (Bottom feeding part whatever):rolleyes:

Beautiful day today and took my Tu-holer for a nice ride. Got back and decided the Duster's engine would probably hold together for a circuit or two....and it did. I was surprised how rusty I got in two weeks too.

Anyway..... frankly I'm at a loss what to do? I can't afford even a decent mid time O or IO360. Or rebuild the present IO320. I love the airplane and fear it won't fetch much w/o an engine.

Then a light went off. Hey Jack, do you remember what your original goal was? Yea, make a LSA compliant AD2.... So dummy, why not do it even better?

I answered myself, Why Not?

I recently answered a post by Kendall the I couldn't imagine a AD2 with a O290.

Well, maybe I can? I imagine one would fly perfectly fine....once it got off the ground. So I started thinking.(sometimes a bad idea but sometimes not) Maybe out do myself on the LSA thing. There is still more weight to lose. I might be able to afford a mid time O320 or O290D2. Hang one on the nose (with correct length mount!) , mount long enough to use a wood prop, REALLY get the weight down. CLIMB prop. Presto

LSA compliant 2-place sport biplane.

Jack

Who might be looking for a good old conical mount O320 or O290D2

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back