• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Aileron bushings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chicoduster

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
As part of my minor restoration project I need to drill and make bushings for my ailerons. I did the single piece that attaches to the wing a few years ago, but now I need to do the aileron side. The aileron side has the double ( outside edges of the ) bracket and very little room to get a small 90 degree drill into. Any thoughts on a way of drilling for putting in a bushing? My only thoughts were to cut a hole behind the aileron spar and take the brackets out and bush. Easy for that task but patching 8 holes in the ailerons seems time consuming and hard to do.

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back