• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

All up engine weight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyboltone

Reaction score
I thought sure this question would be the most popular on the site but after due diligence I've been unable to find it so; there you go.

How light can you make an 0-320 conical FWF? (I'm not eager to build a motor mount!)
Mags not EI
No vacuum pump of course
Very small alternator
Ellison TB I think or Rotec
Skytec starter
Odyssey tiny battery or etc.
Oil cooler no doubt probably maybe
Catto or Performance Prop maybe too; it depends on W&B

Replacing a O-290G4

I'm the runt of the litter so gross weight is not a problem but I'm hesitant to hang another O-290 on there even though I've found a good one. Starduster One

Thanks for the help....even opinions are OK
Dan

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back