• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

B&C Alternator rebuild?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MNForrest

Reaction score
<div style=": rgb(255, 255, 255); margin-left: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; ">My little orange B&amp;C alternator started what appears to be a slow death on the cross-country home from Florida over the last two days. Slowly dropping from 14v to just barely 12. Age unknown.
I happen to have a spare (condition unknown) in a box of stuff that came with the aircraft. So, I could conceivably have one out for service and keep flying.
Can these things be rebuilt/repaired, or do I just need to invest in a new one?
Repair shop in Minneapolis?
Thanks,
Forrest

Latest posts

Back