• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Biplane to attempt world record

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taildragger

Reaction score
Found this on Facebook. This gentleman is planning an attempt to break the world record for most consecutive rolls....all for charity.

http://www.everydayhero.com.au/event/Kingsley-Just-RollforResearch

On a Roll for Research

Attempting to break a world record and raise money for medical research.

In March 2014 I will attempt a Guinness world record in my Pitts Special aerobatic biplane:

MOST ROLLS CONSECUTIVELY BY AN AIRCRAFT. The record was set in 2007.

To beat this, I will need to perform more than 408 rolls consecutively without stopping. To complicate the attempt I will have to remain in sight of the observing judges at the airfield, so will have to turn in a holding pattern whilst continuing to roll.

No, I am not mad...but I am driven by a strong passion!

I am raising money to support Associate Professor Paul Adlard's team at the Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health and their research associated with zinc absorption for a very special reason.

My little boy Kaelan has been diagnosed with an extremely rare genetic condition which is a variant of Acrodermatitis Enteropathica (AE) - the symptoms are unpleasant and affect his quality of life. AE is caused by his inability to metabolise zinc, leading to a deficiency. Traditional treatment helped a lot, but in some areas we still find it hard to manage his condition. There is very little research in this area, and understanding how to treat or manage this condition is poor.

My wife and I have become aware that Associate Professor Paul Adlard and his team are researching therapies for zinc- related disorders. His research is mainly focused on the role of zinc in neurodegenerative disease, but it may also have an effect on conditions like AE. I would therefore like to dedicate my record attempt to this vital work.

I will kick off my hour of consecutive aerial rolls on the morning of the 1st of March 2014. Venue is yet to be decided but it may be either at Lethbridge Airpark, north of Geelong, or at Avalon airport.

All you have to do to support me and this amazing team of researchers is pledge whatever money you can spare – just follow the instructions.

Please share my story with friends and contacts – and thanks for your support!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBYPGS3AUlU[/ame]

PS...haven't we seen that plane here on the forum?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back