• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Blessing off speed for landing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chipotlepowder

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I’ve been having trouble landing. I was waiting too long to turn base. Once on final i was having too regain altitude. I tightened up my pattern which allows me to keep a steady decent the entire way to flare. The issue is i think I’m carrying too much speed. My cfi wants me to add power when i get the first red on the papi & drive the plane to the runway. I feel like for a new pilot it’s best to not come up short. But i don’t know how to bleed off that speed. If i pitch I’m flaring way early and floating. Or redirecting my aim point or touch down point farther down the runway. Today was the first time my cfi didn’t say anything & sat quietly as i flew the pattern down like the plane was on a rail perfectly to the three point touch down. But its a piper warrior & I’m suppose to keep the nose wheel up a bit. My next one was a terrible porpoise & everyone there after was a 1/4 mile float or slight balloon until we finally touched down. On a side note to my long question. I got to fly my first tail wheel yesterday. My friend took me up in his Aeronca cheif. Thanks guys for the support. Love this forum.

Latest posts

Back