• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Daddy, My controls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I wouldn't normally post something this personal on such a public forum but I just thought it was so cool that I have to. My wife and I were flying home after a weekend at the beach with our 6 month old and the weather wasn't so great so I flied IFR pick up my clearance spent about half hour in the goo. I started to get tired of single pilot IFR (I was not in my Pitts for those wondering) so I asked for a climb up to 6K. Just as we got to 6k we popped out on top to a beautiful day with nice puffs and valley trough of clouds pretty much the scene that got me wanting to be a pilot. We had the back of the plane packed and since my daughter doesn't like her car seat so my wife holds her during the flights (she now has 5.5 hours of flight time) Most of the time she sleeps but this time she was awake the entire flight. So anyway just as we pop out on top both hands reach out fist clasping and she reaches up and grabs the yolk. If she could talk I'm sure she'd say "daddy, my controls" My wife pulled her back but her arms were still extended and hands grasping. I told my wife let her grab it and I snapped this photo. You see here, I think she has the bug already :D #IFRinfant

20140803_173050_exported.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back