• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

First stall in the Eagle was eventful

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, third flight I took the eagle up to 6000 to do a few stalls. It was very interesting because when I pulled the power back, slowed down for a power off stall The left-wing broke violently and the plane pitched straight down throwing me into the seatbelts unexpectedly. I went full forward on the stick and gave it a couple seconds for a recovery which did happen but was really something I haven’t seen in a plane before. I thought I’d go up and try it again, same result and a third Time same result. I went back to the airport landed thought about it for a while talked it over with Cameron and decided the only possible reason why it would be stalling differently was because I didn’t have the cabane faring on during my test flight. So I put the cabane faring on this morning took it back up and the plane stalled very normally. So for anyone who is flying a new eagle or maybe a Pitts the cabane faring is definitely important and will affect the stall characteristics of the plane I’m guessing like mine. I would have never thought it would’ve made that much difference but I’m not an experienced aerobatic pilot so when it stalled like that it kind of threw me for a surprise. Food for thought.

Latest posts

Back