• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Honeywell Microswitches: Master and L/R mags (or for other things :) )

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fidot

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Folks,

Have three new Honeywell microswitches that I ended up not using in my electrical rebuild...

There's nothing wrong with them; but I ended up not liking how locking was set up on them (for example, I wanted Master to be locked in the ON as well as OFF position, but with the one I had I could only lock it in the OFF position).

Here are the switches:

2TL1-10F - progressive, locked out in "OFF" position, ideal for a "master" switch (center position turns on your battery, full "up" turns on your alternator). New price ~$65

1601345790136.png

2TL1-5F - DPDT with springloaded "top" position, locked out in the full off position. New price ~$35
1601345913943.png

2TL1-1L - DPDT, locked out of the top position ~$55
1601346014528.png

Now, the last two were destined to be 2 switches controlling both mags and start. Here's the diagram:

1601346163017.png

Switch down: mag is off
Switch in the middle position: mag is on (ungrounded)

Right mag switch goes up: right mag turns off, 1/2 of the starter circuit complete
Left mag switch goes up: left mag stays on, starter circuit complete 100%

(remember, starting setup is "left mag on only, starter contactor powered")

These switches are premium milspec switches and are much less crunchy than typical "commercial" switches. Back sides are #6 ring terminals.
Honeywell microswitch specs (including full diagrams and part ## decoder): https://sensing.honeywell.com/honeywell-sensing-micro-switch-tl-toggle-product-sheet-005430.pdf

Now, to the price :) $75 for all three + shipping (Priority Mail - small box - whatever the going rate is today?)

1601346867616.png

Latest posts

Back