• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Ignition point tester for less than 10 $

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daytona12

Registered Users
Reaction score
Hello guys, last year i bought camerons AS2 and got a lot of help from cameron and other guys , and i´m very thankfull for that.
so don`t know if this is an old story, but would like to give you something back.
i was loooking how to check the ignition timing on my engine and found different tools about 90.$.
So i thought to build such a tool by myself.
You need just a plastic cup, senk-lot, protractor, a small screw , some self locking nuts and washers. Hope the words are correct,cause my bad english. paid less than 10$ for that and building time was 10 minutes. i added some pics, so hope thats self explaining.
For checking and adjusting ignition points of the mags you also need a digital multimeter ( think nearly everyone will have one)

so best regards from germany , maybe i could help some of you guys
Heiko

P1140114.jpg

P1140113.jpg

Latest posts

Back