• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Koroseal alternative

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

planebuilder

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the plumbing done for the smoke oil and new fuel lines, now to tie everything up.
I don't like zipties, and cushion clamps can be aggravating to install. I had used Koroseal years ago so looked for that. ACS wanted $59 for 100', .59 per foot. The old Koroseal I used to use was oval cross section, the ACS stuff is rectangle with square corners. I found a number of negative reviews on various sites, not bashing Koroseal, just the new version.
I think many things we have for aircraft actually come from industry, the aircraft market is too small for dedicated manufacture of many things. I found that Koroseal is pvc, so I searched for PVC cord. Bingo, the Amazon Aircraft department had PVC Cord, used to tie decoys for hunting, who knew. Search for PVC Decoy Cord Line. I bought a 180 foot roll for $25, .14 per foot and free delivery! After that I found it for as low as .09/ft and even a clear version! The stuff I bought was the "STALQ Premium PVC Decoy Cord Line" . The stuff is probably less expensive in the US.

1720718394762.jpeg

It is round with a .1" diameter, so 1/2 the cross section of the ACS stuff, the old oval was probably slightly smaller. I think it works great, Stretches and ties good. I took a 1 foot piece and stretched it to 2 feet, in a couple minutes it shrunk back to 15", just the type of elasticity needed to hold tension and tie knots. It was a hard pull to get the 2 foot stretch, and had to pull harder to break it at maybe 2 1/2 feet.
Even if we use double the length due to the smaller C/S, it's still less expensive, and I don't believe we need to use more, in fact the smaller size seems to fit our small airplanes.
DSCF8669.JPG

Latest posts

Back