• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

landing advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skywolf210

Registered Users
Reaction score
hello folks
I have been reading the post but not asking anything for a while. I have been cut loose to be on my own for about 2 months and you were right, the skybolt is even more fun solo, I am not doing to much yet as I am not happy with my landings. which brings me to my question, anyone have any ideas to do it better. and can a skybolt be landed as softly as a 172.
I have 18 hrs, and 49 landings. I seem to have a problem of how to round out. most of the time I seem to pull the nose up to much and bounce. not hard enough to hurt anything, but not as smooth as I want. yesterday I went to 3000 and set up for landing and I was descendind at 1000 pm, at 80mph, is that normal. I normally pull the power to idle at 1000 ft, abeam the numbers, then start a slow 180 at 80mph, to line up on center, that is no problem, I just am not getting the round out and smooth touch down I want. do you think it would help to raise my speed to 90. I do know that went you flair, the speed drops like a rock and sometimes I am too high off the runway. any advice would be helpful,
thanks
gary

Latest posts

Back