• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

MA-3SPA Fuel Inlet Screen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T2Ernie

Registered Users
Reaction score
Trying to plumb a fuel system on my Smith Mini Plane. Originally, it had a different engine and I do not know what carb was on it originally. I don't have the line from the gascolator to the carburetor, so I'm having to fabricate that - no big deal, but a couple of questions so I don't have to re-do anything. ;)

My new engine is an O200 with a stock MA-3SPA carb on it. Is there a source for new fuel inlet screens? Mine is a little rough looking and it's for peace of mind, not necessarily a hard/fast requirement.

Second - what is the thread of that inlet? What fitting do I use? I have a 1/4" NPT-AN6 fitting that threads part way in, but seems to get tight too soon, but I'm just using my fingers at this point as I wanted to verify first. Or should it be some sort of double male AN-4 to AN-6 type? Or??

The rest of the system appears to be all AN-6 from the tank to the gascolator, and the fittings on the gascolator are AN-6...

TIA

Latest posts

Back