• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Miniplane wings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

footloose

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a question for those of you with fabric experience . I have a new set of wings for a miniplane . I didn't know anything about the builder and they were covered , stiched , and taped . One of the wings had storage damage to the tip bow so I knifed the cover on both bottom wings . They are unbelievably nice , every part numbered , extremely clean and built with clevices on all stainless drag and anti drag wires . Way over nice for Smith Mini wings . Same with the entire project . As I gathered the owner passed away and the project was put away I plan to use the wing set on my current build . The upper wing is still covered . It's stiched and taped but has not been Poly brushed other than the tapes . Medium weight Ceconite and clean . I'm contemplating double cover on the plane . I guess my question is , with not wanting to cut the fabric off the upper wing , how would the upper wing accept the light weight double cover with tapes already in place and would the double cover somewhat hide the tapes underneath . I,m getting ready to put the wings on to see how aligned they will be , before going forward . If they lign up and rig good , I'd hate to cut and recover . High centered again and need a push . Thanx šŸ¤” šŸ’

Latest posts

Back