• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

My Pitts is so loud I can't hear the radio!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I've got about 2.5 hours in my Pitts S-1D now and the plane cockpit is so loud that I can't hear anything on the radio. I've tried a Bose headset and a DC headset. Also, since it's so loud, my transmissions are garbled because when I transmit it's picking up so much background noise.

When I bring the power way back I can start to hear, but barely. Now full discloser, the radio in the plane is pre-Jesus era, and I'd like to replace it, but I'm not sure if a new one would be any better.

What are you guys using for for radios in a single seat Pitts? Can you actually use your radio? My 180hp engine has no muffler, just pipes.

Wondering what to do!

Mark

Latest posts

Back