• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

New Skybolt builder...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fidot

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Folks;

Been lurking on the forum for about a year now. I guess need to introduce myself.

Originally Russian, I moved to the US for a different life and because of my desire to fly :). After getting my license, got introduced to the world of homebuilding, and got bit -- fast forward to about a year and a half ago, I had the Skybolt plans in hand.

I also am a big fan of Grumman AA* series. I used to have a share in a Tiger, but had to sell it because I moved. Right now, flying ratty Cherokees out of a local flight school (and not at all as much as Id like to).

For a bunch of reasons, haven't built anything yet -- spending most of the time in SolidWorks for now getting the minimum models up to ensure I check all the clearances so that I can start building simple components, ie, ribs, and then lower wings. Like Bill (cwilliamrose); I'd rather find out that something doesn't fit virtually, rather than physically, and early :)

Lots of inspirations comes from Beej'es and Randy's Skybolts :), and their blogs.

Ive started a builder's log on http://79ft.net. BTW; I would be happy to put up a link to your builder's log / website if you have any :)

I also help maintain EAA 187's website at http://eaa187.org.

In my spare time (which I have a lot - at least 8 hours a day :) ), I work for NVIDIA (a computer graphics and mobile chip manufacturer); doing software architecture and engineering (primarily server-based infrastructures and such).

Well, feels nice to finally officially say 'hi' to y'all. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back