• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

oil cooler issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chicoduster

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I moved the engine mount forward 7" on my Starduster Too and made a new exhaust system. The new exhaust has more tubes further forward than the old exhaust so the oil cooler (mounted in the nosebowl) really heated up. So I moved the cooler back to the engine mount and put a 3" duct from the back side of the baffle. This works better but I still have rather high oil temps especially living in a hot California. I called Pacific Oil Coolers and they thought the cooler I had was a little small and I probably needed a 4" duct to it. So I am moving from a 7 row 1 pass cooler to a 11 row 2 pass cooler. The question is how to get a 4" duct running to it? There is no more room on the back baffle for a 4" flange so the thought is to try and hook up something from the cowl bottom. Where can one get a 4" NACA scoop ? Will this be effective ? If not any other ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_1171.jpg
    IMG_1171.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1173.jpg
    IMG_1173.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 94

Latest posts

Back