• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Pitts S1C Wing rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thala

Reaction score
Hello Members,

I have an S1C and have just scrapped its lower mainplanes because of glue degradation ( saved the spars though which are fine). The upper wing seems to be acceptable at this moment in time apart from the requirement although ( IMHO) it needs a ply leading edge installed which I will do having made a steamer and jig to preform the ply. Have had the entire airframe apart and presently building up the fuselage again with an 0320 installed.

My Question is ( being a relative S1 newbie) is which type of wing set should I build? I see there are Skycraft, Wolf and other types which have been fitted in the past and the jury is out for what to go for - I have no personal experience of any although I have some time on a symmetrical S1S. Having built a Skybolt and worked on built up ribs I am thus familiar with construction techniques. I am not wedded to the top wing in its current configuration i.e. its flat bottom non aileron format and quite prepared to start from the beginning recovering what I can from the originals.

Not looking for extreme/ultimate airshow performanc, but just a very good average. Any input would be extremely appreciated - Thank you

Latest posts

Back