• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Pitts S1S will be up for sale - shortly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B747Inst

Registered Users
Reaction score
I simply cannot afford the insurance any more (after 70 it goes up). This baby needs to find a young man with quick reflexes to fly her. Fresh Engine (O-360, 180hp), fresh airframe rebuild (6 years ago), Fresh propeller overhaul, new bungees (1380HD), new tires, new wheel pants, brand new avionics package (MGL V-6 and Sandia Transponder), just put in new O-rings in brake master cylinders, full heavy-duty lexan belly panel, new battery, new antennas (com and transponder), ESI tailwheel (double). Comes with parachute and hand-held radio (used as back-up - just switch coax cable - easy done in cockpit while flying). Thinking of installing ABS-B before selling (but that will up the price)... Asking $35,000 without ABS-B. Also - I have to fix SD-8 Alternator before selling. that's about it - I am making up a new spec sheet to email. Located at KHUF (Terre Haute Regional Airport - Indiana). Let me know if you are interested. Currently breaking-in fresh engine.... probably available next month - if I don't change my mind again.
IMG_1465.JPG
Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 2.15.23 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 2.15.23 PM.png

Latest posts

Back