• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Steen Skybolt For Sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StinsonPilot

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I guess it's time. I'm offering my Skybolt to the forum members before I go on the open market with it.
It's been a great Biplane and I hate selling it. The Hiperbipe has replaced it. Wish I could keep it along with the Hiperbipe and Stinson.

Asking $39,500 and will consider reasonable offers.

Completed in 1977, TTAF 622 Engine TT SMOH 973.31
Empty weight: 1209.7 lbs

I've just removed the 3 blade Performance Prop and installed a freshly OH Hartzell HC-C2YK-4CF Aerobatic Propeller 0 TT SMOH (just overhauled with "B" hub) and Hartzell governor PN F6-3A just OH.

Mechanically, I'd call it a 9, aesthetically I'd call it a 7.

I will be flying it, I have to fly the 5 hr test time off, and will probably fly a little more. Haven't flown it much the past year due to travel, flying the Stinson & Hiperbipe and flying test time off on my buddies Skybolt.

It will be missed...

I may be able to include a Strong 304 Seat Chute. It's over 20 years, but if you send it to Strong, they'll inspect it on condition. It's in great shape.

IM me and I'll send a Data Sheet for additional info. Log book pics available.
Skybolt Airborn.jpg
Rattlesnake Ledge fly by.JPG
20160607_180844.jpg
20160724_115338.jpg
IMG_3927.JPG
IMG_3556.jpg
20150428_153451.jpg
IMG_3932.JPG
New Cockpit Front.JPG

Attachments

• SPECIFICATIONS for N111PG.doc
    25 KB · Views: 20