• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Taxi Testing - New SD II

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tmonkey

Starduster II
Reaction score
I did some taxi-testing of my SD II this weekend. I put my Dad in the front and rode taxi'ed around the hanger buildings. Hard for him to get in/out, but the sound and wind really left an impression on him.

I taxi'ed down runway 4/22 to start to calibrate the compass and kept wondering why the thing kept wanting to turn left (RW 4). I then remember that the was a wind from 300 degrees. I tried runway 32 and found it much easier. This is my first tail dragger and I was really busy with my feet. I'm glad the runways were wide.

I am about ready to complete the FAA paperwork for my certification inspection.

Question: As a new builder, what should I expect the inspector to look for? what issues have tripped you up in the past? I'm a bit nervous about the inspection, but I know I have done a good job. Fear of the unknown I guess.

Thanks, Craig.

Taxi Testing With Dad - Stopped.jpg

Taxi Testing With Dad.jpg

Latest posts

Back