• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

What Would You DO ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
After over a year of forcing myself not to make this post I have decided to make a “partial” post avoiding names and most of the dates for the time being. This first post is just a simple question for everyone - - “what would you do?”
I sent my 0-320 out for a rebuild on March 21, 2018 along with a $7000 down pmt.
That is almost 32 months ago, 953 days, 2 1/2 + years. I have had more projected completion dates from the rebuilder than I can count.
The most recent correspondence with the rebuilder - - -

Sept. 18 - I can have it ready to ship before Oct. 15, 2020
Oct. 13 - Your engine will not be ready to ship but will be ready to run Tuesday (Oct. 20)
Oct. 25 - Did not run your engine yet, will keep you posted.

All the above replies because I was asking for a ship date. Have not heard a word since the last message on Oct. 25.
The rebuilder is located several states away and there is ‘zero’ anything in writing. I sent the engine and $$$$ on good faith and on the rebuilders reputation. At worst there is a good chance I can kiss the $7000 and the engine good-by. If I demand it back there is an excellent chance it will be in cardboard boxes without the $7000. If I post all the relevant information on this forum he is gonna be pissed off !! Just what I want to do - - hit the key start switch before every flight remembering my engine was rebuilt by someone totally pissed-off at me.
So, back to my question - - what would you do ??
Suggestions sent via PM are totally acceptable and may be the best way. I am trying to solve this problem causing as little disturbance on this forum as possible. Unfortunately, at this point, I have just run out of options.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back