• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Engine and Propeller AD's required for expirmental aircraft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patreilly

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The FSDO has my request for an airworthiness certificate. This is the 3rd plane I have requested an airworthiness certificate for. The 1st was a Rotax 582 powered Kitfox. The 2nd an o290 Lycoming powered Whitman W10. I was granted the certificates for both with no FSDO mention for AD's. Now, for my Lycoming o360 AcroSport II FSDO is requesting engine and propeller AD's. I was of the understanding that expirmental aircraft did not need to comply with AD's.
I mentioned that to the examiner. He refered me to AC 39-7D and relied, " If you can provide me with some legal document that states, you do not have to comply with AD's on a type certificated product I would be happy to review it."
WHAT GIVES???

Latest posts

Back